Research Junkie

I have always been interested in history. In fact, a few of my friends said that it didn’t surprise them in the least when they had heard I had joined a "living history" group.

It's a wonderful feeling being able to dress in clothing from the different time periods, developing a persona, and interacting with people doing the same thing. It is not uncommon to see a Viking standing next to a Tudor lady or even a samurai standing next to a Persian. This is the exciting thing about the Society for Creative Anachronism. Not only can you learn about different time periods, but you can learn about different cultures from those time periods.

A persona is a character that you create to be when you are in attendance at events (gatherings). Mine is from "Viking era" Dublin, in Ireland.

Even though I study this time period specifically, it is not the only time period I study. I have been accused of being a research junkie, so I will research almost any topic relating to the Society's time periods.

I would like to start posting some of the research and information that I have come across over the years. If you think of a subject that you would like to see some information on here, send me a comment. If you see something here that you have more information on, send a comment. I would love to hear from everyone.