Day 1 - Artsy Challenge

So.  Day 1.

Got a decent start to this challenge.  I want to make some new S.C.A. garb and have decided on using the extant finds from Haithabu as a start.  Besides, I already own a pair of period shoes in Haithabu style.

Took measurements and dug through the big box o'material to see what I have to make from.  I have enough light colored linen to make an under serk but not an over.  I also have enough of several different materials to make a few selekjole (apron dresses).  There is a nice piece just big enough to make a decorated front panel.  And, to top it all off there is a nice piece of wool just big enough to make a hood.

After that, I sketched out some quick patterns so I would have an idea of how to cut the fabric.  I need to think about decoration but that can come later.

All in all, I think I have spent about 2-1/2 hours being Artsy today.  Not too shabby.

Labels: , , , , ,