Day 2 - The Serk Startup

So, to start off the Artsy Challenge I am making a Viking outfit based on the Haithabu finds.

Was reading up at urd.priv.no/serk.html on the finds and her efforts to create her own set oof garments.  After reading her site, I have decided that I am going to try my hand at the same style serk (tunic).  Check out her page for information and her pattern.

I went to Joann's today and picked up a few more items for stockings.  You'd be surprised what you can find in there for the non-crafty people.  While I was there I found a lovely fabric for my serk.  It's linen and the color is "potting soil".  I kid you not.


I finalized my pattern for my serk.  I most likely will not get anything artsy accomplished tomorrow as it is Christmas Day.  I am hoping to layout and cut the pattern on Monday.  My goal is to have this done by next weekend.  We'll see what happens.

All in all, I calculate that I spent about an hour being Artsy today.

Labels: , ,