A New Pair of Mittens

Back in October several ladies from our Kingdom (Meridies) held a silent auction at Coronation with the proceeds going to help hurricane victims.  I donated two certificates for a pair each of naalbound mittens done in the color or colors of the persons choice. 

I have been slowly working on these mittens and present the progress of the first pair here.  The material used is worsted weight wool in grass green color.

Getting started:

Using the Finnish (2+2+2) stitch I chained 14 stitches.  I then started attaching new stitches to the previous ones thusly:  Stitch 1 , Make 1 new stitch, stitch 12, Make 1 new stitch, stitch 1 and then repeated as I went around the chain attaching new stitches to the previous row (round).  I ended up with 32 stitches in this beginning round for a mitten top.  See the photo below.

A make one is the same in naalbinding as in knitting or crocheting.  You simply stitch again in the just used joining stitch from the previous row.